This is the perfect recipe to say a final farewell to the warmer weather all while welcoming the festive season. Ice cream is not a one season treat for me and sometimes plain vanilla is all I need because I prefer dressing ice cream up myself. That usually involves tea in some way. Whether I’m sprinkling matcha on top before I indulge, or drizzling on a houjicha infused magic chocolate shell, tea and ice cream seem to be made for one another. This time around I’m taking Pure Leaf Canada’s Raspberry Iced Tea and making a candy cane milkshake.
When the holiday season arrives and the Christmas decorations need to be put out, usually I’m found sipping on a tea infused hot cocoa. However, this year, it hasn’t been as cold as it should be already and it’s the day after my birthday, so this creamy, peppermint and fruity drink is a must.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup Pure Leaf Raspberry Iced Tea
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- extra candy canes, for garnish
- In a blender, add vanilla ice cream, candy canes, raspberries and iced tea. When it is blended, taste test and see if you want more of a peppermint kick. If so, add the peppermint extract into the milkshake and give it a quick stir.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with more candy canes (optional).
**Want more recipes created with Pure Leaf Iced Tea? Check out ways to tweak them here.
What tea infused drinks will you be making and serving over the holidays? Let me know in the comments!