Tea itself has a calming effect when indulging. It’s something that is easy to go down and you may have also heard it be described as “a bath for your insides.” Playing on this saying, I wanted to do something different for a relaxing evening one night. Instead of a typical bubble bath with a cup of tea by my side, why not incorporate the tea directly to the bath? Tea does wonders for the inside of the body and also the outside.
In this TEA.I.Y (witty, isn’t it? haha) I’ll be sharing with you how to make your own tea bath sachets. Technically, there is no actual “tea” in these though. Most of the ingredients are things you would find blended with actual tea leaves, or on its own as an herbal tea or tisane. These sachets are made to soak directly in the bath tub and are completely safe for you to relax in the tub with them still “steeping” so to speak. I hope you enjoy following this tutorial and, more importantly, enjoy using them! Add all of the tea bath sachets you create into a mason jar, place a ribbon around it and you have an inexpensive, cute gift–Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!
Benefits: soothing, relaxing, stress relieving, euphoric, excellent for skin and sore muscles.
Herbal Tea Bath Sachets
What You’ll Need…
- Chamomile flowers
- Rose Buds
- Epsom Salt
- Baking Soda
- Essential Oil of your choice
- Tea filter bag or Sachets (You can find these at a Dollar store)
- Ribbon or string
1. In a small container, take a scoop of baking soda and add 1-2 drops of your essential oil.
2. In your bowl, gently combine all the ingredients (including the baking soda and essential oil mixture) together making sure not to crush any. There isn’t really any set measurements for this DIY. I just take about a handful of each ingredient. Add your essential oil last to the mix and
use only 1-2 drops.
3. Spoon about half a cup into a tea filter bag or sachet.
4. Seal the bag so no ingredients get out by taking your ribbon or string and tying it around the top tightly. I make sure it is secured by tying it twice around.
5. Start a bath and add the sachet to the tub.
6. Take in the aroma and relax!